Wednesday, April 22, 2009

3 Eye Exercises to Better Vision

My grand-uncle, who turned 75 years old, just a few weeks ago lives in Hong Kong (a very crowded urban environment, if you haven't been there) and he was one of the top lawyers back in the 50s up until he retired. Imagine the stress and the amount of time he spent staring into law books with impossibly small text. He should be wearing a really thick, ugly pair of glasses right?

So you can picture my amazement when he told me he never needed glasses his whole life. Practically everyone in the family needed one except him - and he's the one who read the most books, often in dim places.

As someone who've started wearing glasses since she was 8 years old, I have to ask him what's his secret. "Eye exercises" was his reply. There are many he explained but let's start with 3. Thus over the next few weeks I find myself doing research on this... "eye exercises". Sounds like quackery to me.

I tried the 3 eye exercises he told me and my eyesight didn't improve - though my eyes do feel rejuvenated everytime I do it. So I decided to buy a course over the internet and in blind faith, I did it religiously over the next 6 months or so. Just about 8 months ago, I didn't need glasses for my daily life anymore.

I would love to tell you what the eye exercises are but as my grand-uncle said, let's start with 3.

  1. Palming. Place your palms over your eyes and close your eyes. Do this at least 10 minutes for every 3 hours of intense eye activity such as staring into the monitor.
  2. Sunning. Close your eyes and expose them to the gentle morning sun while you slowly swing your head left to right.
  3. Focusing. Place two pebbles 30 cm apart and try to see one of them only.

Due to space and linking limitations, I can't go into the details and principles behind these eye exercises. But I've set-up a website where you can find out not only why these eye exercises work, I also share more eye exercises you can use to rebuild your vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment