Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Improve Your Eyesight With 3 Simple Eye Exercises

About two years ago, desperate to find a solution to improve my eyesight, I jumped on the internet to find a solution. I love surfing and when you surf, you cannot wear your glasses - not even contact lenses. Your only possible solution would be to wear a prescription goggles but frankly, anyone would look stupid wearing goggles while surfing.

Two years ago, I joined a small local surfing tournament. Obviously there are going to be a lot of local press taking pictures of the contestants in action. What I found on the internet saved me from substantial embarrassment.

Out of desperation, I put aside my doubts and tried the eye exercises anyway. I did it religiously and 6 months later, I managed to reduce my prescription to a stage where I no longer need glasses to see (though I didn't have perfect eyesight just yet). There are quite a few of them, obviously, but due to space limitations here, I'll share just 3 of the simplest ones:

  1. This first one is one of those things that sounds too simple to have any great effect. But I want you to try it anyway. Do it for at least 10 minutes, everyday just after you wake up, just before you sleep and every time you find your eyes getting tired. It's called palming and all you do is block out all light by placing your palm on your hand.
  2. This second one is the exact opposite of palming. All you do is close your eyes and expose it to the morning sunlight. If it's too bright, don't force it. While your eyes are facing the sunlight, swing your head, slowly, from left to right. This is called "sunning". Sun and palm alternately to train your eyes to adjust to darkness and bright situations.
  3. It doesn't matter how much eye exercises you do, if you keep wearing your glasses, your eyes will never learn how to see clearly on its own. Of course, take caution in this.

Now, as I said, due to space and linking limitations, I can't go into the details. If you like this article and would like to learn more eye exercises, you can visit my website where I share my journey from wearing a -5.50 glasses to -1.00 in 8 months.

Katie Chan is the owner of Rebuild Your Vision Naturally blog where she shares information on good vision habits, eye exercises and supplements she used to get rid of her glasses after having worn them for more than 15 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment